Saturday, February 26, 2011

Revising Snowflake Kisses Baby Blanket



I would like to thank Sandi for bringing to my attention that the directions for the Snowflake Kisses Baby Blanket needed some tweaking to make them more easily understood. http://needleworkersroom.blogspot.com/2008/08/snowflake-kisses-baby-blanket.html
To that end I have edited the pattern and printed the changes in red. The confusion came from the fact that the pattern repeat is a multiple of 8 plus 5. So strictly speaking, to count the stitches in pure mathematical form doesn't work. I hope this makes things a little more clear.




Thank you to everyone who has used my patterns and enjoyed them. It brings me great joy to be able to write them for you.

5 comments:

Bree at "Bree's Way" said...

I love this pattern, very nicely done :)

howie said...

I don't want to not comment on this.

Several months ago, I was perusing baby patterns casually, babies are popping out all around me, college friends, high school friends, so baby stuff is something I've started to crochet (and now knit!).

So I came across this pattern so long ago, and I thought, ooh! I love that pattern...oh dang, it's knit. oh well. And I went on without bookmarking.

THEN I learned I'm going to be an auntie come september, and after awhile, I really wanted to find this pattern again because I've been working on my knitting skills and I liked the blanket so much. So I searched and searched to no avail, even went through my web browser's history link by link with no luck. And now, while searching to stuff to make to bust my stash with, I was looking at various hexagon sweater patterns. I recognized your page--the color, the layout, so I went over to the right hand side of your blog, filled with hope clicked the link for baby afghans, BAM! the pattern!!!

haha, what an adventure!

so I'd like to replicate a baby blanket I had as a baby, but there's nothing wrong with making two blankets for the same baby, right? This one, I think I'll knit in cotton...

Cozy's Corner said...

Hi Howie, I am so glad that you found the pattern again. I have had the same problem when I can't find a pattern. It is frustrating to say the least. Good luck with all your baby gifts!

HumorMe said...

I have loved this pattern since I first saw it, and am finally ready to give it a try in a very soft pale blue. At the risk of sounding like a real dummy, if I want to make this a it larger, should I cast on more stitches in a multiple of 8?

Thanks!

Cozy's Corner said...

Thank you so much. You are not a dummy and there are no dumb questions. Yes, to make it larger, just cast on more stitches in multiples of eight. Good luck!